Dr. Ciro Gargiulo
About Dr. Ciro Gargiulo
- Doctor of Medical Science (PhD), Anatomy/Regenerative, School of Medicine, Fribourg, Switzerland, 2011
- Doctor of Philosophy, Department of Philosophy at Milano State University Majoring in Science-Milan, Italy, 1996
- MSc/Medicine (MD), concentration in Immunology and Immune-Genetics, School of Medicine/Life Science at Manchester University-Manchester, UK, 2009
- Traditional Oriental Medicine degree (Acupuncture), Institute of Traditional Medicine of Ho Chi Minh City, VN, 2005
- Post Graduate Certificate in Cancer Therapy, Barth Cancer Institute-Queen Mary University-London, UK, 2013
Academic, Clinical, and Research Experience
In charge of the international project that includes the study and the clinical application of human peripheral blood stem cells in skin, bone reconstruction (application for maxillary and mandibular augmentation for implant insertion), type II Diabetes Mellitus, neuro-degenerative disorders as MS, F Athaxia, Parkinson’s.
2011 – Present Director of Stem Cells Department at Human Medicine International Clinic.
2014 – Present Professor of Embryology, Immunology, and Regenerative Medicine and Head Medical Researcher at Tan Tao University, School of Medicine, Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam
2013 – Present Head of Medical Staff and Research of Human Medicine International Center, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
2011-2013 Clinical and Research Resident, University of Fribourg, School of Medicine, Department of Traumatology at University Hospital, Fribourg, Switzerland.
2005-2009 Associate and Resident at Manchester University, School of Medicine and Life Science, UK.
2009-2011 Associate Researcher and Fellow at University of Western Australia.
- Member of International Stem Cells Society
Research Prizes and Grants
- SIRF $45,000 prize from University of Western Australia 2009-2012 (Scientific International Research Fees Burse and Scholarships)
International Conventions and Seminars
- Innovation in Cancer Research and Regenerative Medicine (HCM City) 2017
- Innovation in maxillary and jaw bone regeneration in per-implant procedures (Manila Phil) 2017
- Cancer Personalized Medicine-International Conference (attendee) (Harvard-Boston USA) 2016
- 1st International Convention on Bone Implant and Dentistry (Surabaya-Indonesia) 2016
- National Convention on Bone Implant and Dentistry (KL-Malaysia) 2016
- WCUPS World Congress of Ultrasonic Piezoelectric Bone Surgery 2016 (Bangkok Thailand)
- 4th National Convention on Interventional Cardiology (Ha Noi VN) 2015
- International Convention on Innovation in Cancer Research and Regenerative Medicine (HCM City-VN) 2015
- International Convention on Stem Cells Kuala Lumpur (KL Malaysia) 2014
- International Convention on Stem Cells Boston Medical School (Boston-USA) 2014
- International Convention on Stem Cells and Hormones-EPS Hong Kong (HK-China) 2012
- International Convention on Biomedical HCM city (VN) 2009-2011
- International Convention on Stem Cells Singapore 2008
- International Convention on Stem Cells Hong Kong 2007
Totally, more than 20 research publication in peer reviewed journals. The following are the selected publication.
- Ciro Gargiulo Isacco, Pham Hung Van, Trieu Vo Le Hoang, Nguyen Cao Diem Kieu, Minh D Nguyen, Melvin Shiffman, Luis Figueira, Mark Holterman, and Sergey Aityan. Innovative scaffold solution for bone regeneration made of beta-tricalcium phosphate granules, autologous fibrin fold and peripheral blood stem cells. Regenerative Medicine in Plastic Surgery: Art, Science and Principles. Dominik Duscher and Melvin A. Shiffman ed., Springer, Berlin, in Press (2018).
- Tran Cong Toai, Huynh Duy Thao, Ciro Gargiulo, Tran Le Bao Ha, Huynh Minh Hang Nguyen Khanh Hoa, Luis Filgueira and D. Michael Strong. Reconstruction of bone defect with the coral scaffold and osteoblasts: an experimental study on rabbits. European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Science, 2017; 4(4):700-705.
- Ciro Gargiulo, Van H. Pham, Huynh D. Thao, Vo L.H. Trieu, Nguyen C.D. Kieu,
Melvin Shiffman, Mark J. Holterman, and Sergey K. Aityan (2017). Novel therapeutic strategy in the treatment of diabetes type 2, the use of autologous peripheral blood stem cells in 15 patients. Is there any relation with the incretin-glp-1/gip axis?, British Journal of Medicine and Medical Research, 2017; 20:7, 1-16.
- Tran Cong Toai, Huynh Duy Thao, Ciro Gargiulo, Tran Le Bao Ha, Huynh Minh Hang Nguyen Khanh Hoa, Luis Filgueira, and D. Micheal Strong. Adipose tissue can be generated in vitro by using adipocytes from human fat tissue mesenchymal stem cells seeded and cultured on fibrin gel sheet. Cell and Tissue Bank, Springer, 2012;14(1).
- Ciro Gargiulo, Huynh Duy Thao, Tran Cong Toai, Luis Filgueira, and Michael Strong (2011).In vitro culture and differentiation of osteoblasts from human umbilical cord blood and human bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells: a comparative study. Cell Biology Research Progress, Nova, 6:4.
- Tran Cong Toai, Ciro Gargiulo, Huynh Duy Thao, Huynh Minh Tuan, Luis Filgueira, and Michael Strong. Culture and differentiation of osteoblasts on coral scaffold from human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Cell and Tissue Banking, Springer, 2010; 12(4): 247-61.
- Tran Cong Toai, Huynh Duy Thao, Ciro Gargiulo, Nguyen Phuong Thao, Huynh Minh Tuan, Nguyen Thanh Tung, Luis Filgueira, D Michael Strong. In vitro culture of keratinocytes from human umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cells: the Saigonese culture. Cell and Tissue Banking, Springer, 2010; 12(2):125-33.